日暮 かごめ, ひぐらしかごめ
|Bathed In||a Lake|
Kagome Higurashi is the main female from Inuyasha.
Kagome goes Skinny Dipping in a lake to clean her self up while she complains to Kaede that the water is freezing. Kagome is then seen swimming Underwater thinking about what she done to the Shikon Jewel. After surfacing, she decides to get out but see's Inuyasha on top of a cliff looking at her. She uses the curse she put on Inuyasha to tell him to sit making him fall off the cliff while she quickly gets out to get dressed behind a bush.
- Kagome: Th-Th-Th-Th-Th------This-----is-----Freezing!!
- Kaede: Come out, Kagome. Don't force yourself.
- Kagome: No Way! I'm covered in blood 'n' mud 'n' Demon-Slime......and I can't stand it anymore!
- Kagome (In Thought): Man. I didn't even think there was a time......Before hot baths!
- Kaede (In Kagome's Thoughts): Kagome...Inu-yasha...you must gather the shard of the Shikon Jewel and restore it to its original fotm. Together.
- Kagome (In Thought):But I don't even know how......and Inu-yasha's like an animal...
- Kagome (after resurfacing and seeing Inuyasha look at her): Sit Boy!
- This is the only time in the series where Kagome takes a cold bath. Also the only time where Kagome swims underwater.
- Kagome's mention of hot baths not existing yet gets contradicted later on in the series as she finds Hot Springs to bathe in as well as other forms of hot baths.
- This chapters bathing scene is available in color and black & white.
- This chapter is in Volume 1.
- The Chapter's title is "Yura of the Hair" in the Viz release.
- This bath scene's anime equivalent is in episode 3.
- This bath scene is based off of Suzuko's Skinny Dipping scene in Rumiko Takahashi's one-shot Fire Tripper, which was the basis for Inuyasha.
Kagome is seen relaxing in a bath in the Furo Tub in her house after getting back to the modern age. In the bath she has her legs curled up and is laying her back to the side of the tub the facet is on.
- Kagome: I'm not home...I'm in Heaven...
- This is the first bath scene to take place in the modern era.
- First Bath scene in the manga to not show Kagome's nipples.
- First Bath scene in the manga where Kagome does not get peeped on.
- This chapter is in volume 1.
- This chapter's title is "The Bone-Eater's Well" in the Viz release.
- This Bath scene's anime equivalent is in episode 3.
- This is the first and only time Kagome bathes with Shippo in the manga. In the anime she doesn't bathe with him until later on in the series and more often.
- This is the first time Kagome bathes in a Hot Spring. This is also the first time Kagome has a hot bath in the feudal era.
- Only time in the manga where Kagome bathes with a male character, albeit not together.
- Kagome never finds out that Miroku was bathing in the same spring as her, nor him seeing her naked.
- This chapter is in volume 6.
Dialouge (Viz Release)Edit
- Kagome: WHEE!! A hot spring!! I'm so happy!!
- Kagome: MMM... Feels so good
- Kagome: You better not try to peek, Inu-yasha!
- Inuyasha: Don't worry. I'm not tempted.
- Kagome: Oh, Thanks!
- Kagome (In Thought): Geez...He's even rude when he's polite! O' course I guess... I'm no warrior-babe like Kikyo. Not that I know much about her...
- Kagome: It's so quiet......so perfect...
- Kagome: ♪
- Kagome (while having her hair grabbed by a hand): YEEAAA!!
- Inuyasha: What is it?!
- Kagome: I'm okay! Get outta here! (to Inuyasha)
- Kagome: Shoo, Shoo! (to the monkeys)
- Shippo: It's A Monkey!
Kagome is Skinny Dipping in a lake just outside Kaede Village at the very beginning of the third episode. While in the lake she is shivering while complaining that there are no hot baths in feudal Japan. Kaede who is sitting at a fire place outside the lake is telling Kagome that she will catch a cold if she stays in there. Kagome disagrees with Kaede and tells her that she has to bathe since her hair is covered with blood and dirt. Kagome dives underwater and swims where she has flashbacks of the events that happened in the previous two episodes. When she rises up to the surface and gets ready to get out, She spots that Inuyasha is in a tree on top of a cliff watching her. Kagome quickly reacts by droping back down into the lake and telling him to SIT BOY! causing him to fall off the cliff. While he is face flat on the ground, Kagome is getting dressed behind a bush. Later on after Kagome comes back into the modern day she takes a hot bath in a Furo Tub filled with Green Bathwater. She is later outside of it Shampooing her hair.
- This is the only time in the series where Kagome (or anyone) has bathed twice in the same episode.
- Their is an error during the second bath scene, Kagome is seen soaking in the bathtub first and then washing outside the bath second which is wrong since during a typical japanese bath they wash outside the bath first and get in the tub second.
- One part of the Skinny Dipping scene was used in the preview for this episode at the end of the second episode.
- One shot of the scene is used on the card titled "Bath Time" in the Inuyasha Trading Card Game.
Kagome gets into a Hot Spring while not knowing that Miroku is bathing on the otherside of it. She tells Inuyasha not to peek at her, while Inuyasha replies back saying that he wouldn't want to anyways. While Kagome is relaxing in the hot spring she sinks her head into the water and thinks to herself. She hears a noise and begins to scream, Inuyasha comes out into in the spring to try to fight whatever he thinks is attacking her but it just seemed that she was startled by monkeys. She stands up in the hot spring still naked and hits Inuyasha in the head with a big rock for peeking at her.
- This is the first time Miroku has seen Kagome. Kagome also never finds out that he was bathing in that Hot Spring at the same time she was.
- The last shot of Kagome hitting Inuyasha with a rock while standing up naked was taken out during the english airing on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim but the scene is still intact on the DVD releases.
Sango and Kagome sneak off to have a hot spring bath.
Kagome is stripped of her clothes and wakes up naked in a bath of sake. InuYasha rescues her and, after seeing her naked (again), offers her his bloody robes to wear.
- Part of this scene where Kagome ends up being seen naked by Inuyasha was featured at the end of a commercial that aired on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block for the show.
- This scene differs in the manga - there are some demons adding condiments to the sake Kagome is in. In the anime, Kagome is completely alone (until Inuyasha shows up to save her).
- This is the only time Kagome 'bathes' in sake.
- Out of all the times Inuyasha has accidentally seen Kagome naked, this is the only time where she does not become angry. Instead, she is concerned because Inuyasha had earlier suffered some injuries; immediately after tossing his red robe to her so she could cover up, Inuyasha passes out and Kagome becomes worried and goes to embrace Inuyasha, giving him her sympathy for fighting so hard, even in his human form.
- This is the third time Miroku sees Kagome naked (due recall that he and Shippo were shrunken earlier). This may be the final time he sees her naked in the anime (the 2nd movie may or may not count as the fourth time).
- This is the final time Inuyasha sees Kagome naked in the anime (the 2nd movie may or may not count as the fifth time) and, if not, the final time he sees her naked overall.
Inuyasha: The Castle Beyond the Looking GlassEdit
InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed MaskEdit
Inuyasha Trading Card GameEdit
|Bathers||Kagome Higurashi • Miroku • Sango • Shippo • Inuyasha|
|Related articles||Skinny Dipping • Peeping • Green Bathwater • Furo • Shampoo • Hot Spring • Bath Bonding • Bath Kick|