|Official English Title||Treasure|
|Release date||November 8th, 1997|
|Studio||Weekly Shonen Jump|
|Type of Scene||Bath|
One Piece chapter 13 is the first bathing scene in the One Piece manga series as well as the first in the whole One Piece franchise.
As Chouchou is being beaten up protecting his deceased owner Hocker's pet food store from an attack by the lion Ritchie of the Buggy Pirates, he has several Flashbacks of his memories with Hocker running the pet food store. One of the moments was a panel of both of them taking a Bath together in a Barrel Bathtub with Wash Cloths on their heads with Chouchou leaning over the front edge and Hocker resting both his arms on the back side happily saying that they sold 100 boxes of food today.
This scene was skipped in the anime adaptation. If it did appear it would have been in episode 6.
- Eiichiro Oda - Writer and artist.
This chapter was first released on November 8th, 1997 in Weekly Shonen Jump. In April 3rd, 1998 the chapter was printed and published by Shueisha in the second manga volume released in Japan. The scene was officially translated and first released in North America through the 7th issue of the American Shonen Jump magazine published by Viz released in July 2003 and then printed in the English One Piece volume 2 on November 4th, 2003.
- Flashback Bathing Scene
- Bathing with Animals
- Bathtub Sharing
- Wash Cloth on Head
- Edge Leaning
- Arm Resting
- Not only is this One Piece's first bathing scene but it is also the first bathing scene in an Eiichiro Oda work.
- This is One Piece's only bathing related scene released in 1997.
- Including the title page, this scene is on the 6th page of this chapter.
- In Viz's licensed volume 2 release, this scene is on page 100.
- In the series this scene is part of the "Buggy the Clown arc" also known as the "Orange Town Arc".
|Scenes in Franchise|
|N/A||One Piece chapter 174|